Coming back after 8 years

Discussion in 'New to Fencing' started by Psilox, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Psilox

Psilox Rookie

Hi all!

I did recreational fencing in college for a bit, and really liked it, but had neither the time nor the money (or the willpower) at the time to do much more than the occasional local tournament. I stopped midway through college, but still had very fond memories of it.

Long story short, time is still a problem, but I think I have the resources and willpower these days, so after a lot of hemming and hawing I finally pulled the trigger on my own set of equipment! Anyway, it's just very exciting to get back into it, so I thought I'd share my excitement. :) We have quite a few clubs where I'm at, so the next step is to sign up for a trial class or two (and work on my footwork).

2. Goldgar

Goldgar Podium

Welcome back!

3. fenceart

fenceart Made the Cut

It's great that you are excited to come back! You never know where it will lead,and that you have a good number of clubs around you is a bonus. Fencing is just a fantastic sport, no matter if you do it for recreation or get really serious. There's nothing like it and the beauty of it is you don't have to be a kid to be competitive. Have fun!