Best Fencing Shoes?

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by ra2000a, Apr 22, 2003.

1. ReverseLunge

ReverseLunge Podium

If i was in Sweden then I would go straight to your place and kick your a$$....

but I'm not in Sweden.

2. Zilverzmurfen

Zilverzmurfen Rookie

Sweden thanks you. :D

3. esskreemr

esskreemr Din Älskling

That's an awfully nerdy thing to say. For the record, I'm in America...

4. ReverseLunge

ReverseLunge Podium

Are you saying we should go to Sweden and kick his a$$ or are you begging me to kick yours? I can only do one at a time.

5. esskreemr

esskreemr Din Älskling

If I went to Sweden, it wouldn't be to kick HER ***. There are plenty of other less violent things I would like to do with it...

6. Zilverzmurfen

Zilverzmurfen Rookie

So much for male multitasking... :rolleyes:

:p

7. esskreemr

esskreemr Din Älskling

I'm capable of handling muliple things at once. ;)

8. ReverseLunge

ReverseLunge Podium

Zilverzmurfen, I didn't know you were a woman. sorry.

9. Zilverzmurfen

Zilverzmurfen Rookie

Apology accepted.

I suppose my forum title doesn't imply anything, does it..? ;) :p

10. KD5MDK

KD5MDK Moderator

A guy with a blue body, speedo and sword? It could imply anything. :D

11. HDG

HDG Podium

I expect she meant the "Epeeist Hive QUEEN" part, not the creepy viking smurf.

12. Cerian

Cerian Rookie

I've used the Li-Ning's and Onitsuka Tiger Fencing LAs. Both were good. Both have worn out on inside of the back foot really quickly, but that's more a problem with my lunge (damn foot dragging). I like the Onitsuka ones a lot, good traction, good heel, good protection on the inside, just not enough for me. They also look awesome, I got them in white/silver/blue, though it's hard to find them in that color. They're a bit narrower than the li-ning's, not sure if that's good or bad. For now I've put off fencing with the tigers till I can sew some sort of leater into the inside of the back shoe so it doesn't fall apart in few months. Both price around ~60 dollars. The Tigers come in yellow/black and green/yellow, and those colors are easier to find than the white/silver/blue. You can find the full range mainly from euro sites, but then the price goes from ~60 to around 105, not much better than d'arts or somesuch. I've also now seen a model in white/silver/red.

Here's a picture

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  13. bmcfencer

bmcfencer Rookie

From way back in the discussion.....

Does anyone know where I can find Dunlop Volleys in the US? They look fantabulous and not at all like Converse's (I love Chucks, but I can't even walk in them anymore because they offer absolutely no support and there's no way to add insoles). Thanks!

14. davidwong

davidwong Rookie

(1) Puma (2) Le Coq Sportif

(1) Anyone know anything about Puma's history re: fencing shoes? -- I saw a guy on the train wearing some -- the first time I've seen Puma fencing shoes -- I should have asked him the name of that model;

(2) Le Coq Sportif makes a shoe called "Escrime" -- is this a fencing shoe, or does it just carry a fencing name?

Sciurus-Rex likes this.
  15. modernmagic

modernmagic Rookie

16. SJCFU#2

SJCFU#2 Podium

I believe that the Asics Gel-Rocket has been mentioned before - in fact there's even a review of the Gel-Rocket II in the equipment reviews section (click here).

That having been said, was it really necessary to dredge up a thread that was over three years old simply to ask this question? It's not like there's a shortage of more recent shoe-related threads in which to post.

17. modernmagic

modernmagic Rookie

As you can see this is my first post, so I thank you for your kind words and warm welcoming to the fencing forum community.

I searched for "best fencing shoe" this thread came up I read through it and decided that the previous posters knew enough to warrant asking their opinion. I think that is what forums are for. If you do not want this thread to have additional posts then it should be archived.

Forums are a living community, that's their strength. Otherwise I would just read static online articles.

I hope to be able to enjoy and learn from the forum in the future.

18. SJCFU#2

SJCFU#2 Podium

If my response seems harsh then wait until you annoy someone like Telkanuru (who seems particularly testy of late).

Actually I commend you for attempting to use the search function, although I would recommend trying the advanced search (you're more likely to get useful results). However every community has it's customs and my advice would be to take the time to observe what these customs may be. The resurrection of long-dead threads is common problem around here - one which often draws a similar response.

Shoes are not exactly an obscure topic in these forums - in fact there has been activity on at least three other shoe-related threads within the last few days, one of which I believe specifically mentioned volleyball shoes.

19. modernmagic

modernmagic Rookie

I will browse the forum and try and get used to its customs. Thanks.

I understand "testy" replies on forums.... try posting a Mac question on a general computer thread.... Windows users are so hateful and testy when a Mac user comments. :) I have dozens of forums I belong to and have experienced the gamut.

I'm excited to learn more and advance in this sport a bit easier with info on the forum to guide me along.

20. yearsofwisdom

yearsofwisdom Rookie

any of you guys have any experience with the addidas dart 3s? how is it? cushioning? footwork? how durable is it?? this is going to be my first pair of real fencing shoes and i want a good one. Are these a good choice? there 105 dollars? or can i get better ones at a lower cost? or do u have better recommendations. thanks :)