Best Fencing Shoes?

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by ra2000a, Apr 22, 2003.

1. ra2000a

ra2000a Rookie

wat do u feel r the best fencing shoes?:)

2. KBayDog

KBayDog Rookie

I have had a lot of luck with the Adidas D'Artagnan model...

Of course, since you are a female, I would recommend you save your money. That's right, you have no business fencing, solely due to your inferior gender. I cannot believe you have the audacity to even ATTEMPT to compete in sabre!

Hang up your sword, sell your mask, and get in the kitchen and cook me lunch!

3. Mergs

Mergs Podium

KBay, heel boy, HEEL!

I will agree with him, though, about the Adidas D'Art's. Love'em.

4. KBayDog

KBayDog Rookie

Kidding, kidding, kidding...in fact, one of the things I enjoy most about fencing is that it is the "Great Equalizer."

It is a rare that the person - male or female - who uses his/her brain and puts in the time & practice can beat anyone else...male or female.

ra2000a & others, keep kicking names and taking...er, keep up the great work!

5. CarlKnoch

CarlKnoch Rookie

New Fencing shoes

I just got the Addidas D'Arts a few weeks ago. I've noticed a couple of things with them.... They're tight to the foot and thus help me not to get the blisters that I was getting due to slippage inside the shoe, and I soon had shin splints. A god pair of heel cups seems to be solving that problem though.

Overall I would recommend them. Just don't get the Star Fighter low tops. My first pair of fencing booties was a pair of those, and they lasted about 5 months before I totally ripped them out the sides. No lateral strength at all!

Best to all.
    C

6. R. Exnicios

R. Exnicios Rookie

Shoes

My wife and i disagree (imagine that) I like the Asymmetrical Adidas - she hated them. She likes the Adidas D'Artagnan. (I would say but what does she know since woman shouldn't fence but she would beat me to death - :) )

If women didn't fence - I would have quit a long time ago!

Cheers

7. Mergs

Mergs Podium

Knowing your wife, Rich, beating to death would be a too good for you for a comment like that!

Check your PM

8. wflaschka

wflaschka Rookie

CHEAPEST fencing shoes?

I have to recommend shoes to novice and intermediate fencers, but I don't want to break their budgets.

Does anybody have an opinion about the cheapest fencing shoes available, that aren't completely worthless?

9. Sigurd

Sigurd Rookie

10. Kling

Kling Rookie

booo how u dont understand!!! Best shoes are shoes that u fill good with them! even if they cost 1$ may be my best shoes will be bad for u.

11. lfortier

lfortier Rookie

Uh, EXCUSE ME kbaydog, you NEED to read the thread about sexism in sabre fencing! :angry: :evil1: :angry:

12. jusplainfencing

jusplainfencing Rookie

whoa!....thats not funny:red: do people really think like that?!?

13. qatet

qatet DE Bracket

I like the d'arts as well, BUT. . . They've torn the skin off the toes on my front foot, which is uncomfotable after a few hours. It's hard to find a way to lace them well, since the laces goes through cloth loops, not the sides of the shoe. They could be the reason for the huge and painful blsiter/callus (not sure which, but it sure does hurt) on the ball of my back foot. And it didn't even occur to me that they might be the reason for my new shin splints. I've been wearing them since November, five or six days a week. They're holding up, but I almost wish that they weren't, thanks to the many superficial pains. I usually wear through the tread on the bottom and the fabric next to my smallest toe in about nine months, but these seem to be holding up well. How I wish they still made the black stripes!

14. lfortier

lfortier Rookie

PBT shoes

I'm thinking about buying shoes at the NAC in KS. Does anyone know if PBT's fencing shoes "PBT Victory" are any good?

15. KBayDog

KBayDog Rookie

Jusplain,

Take care...

KBayDog :)

16. jusplainfencing

jusplainfencing Rookie

i understood that YOU were kidding but my point was do OTHER people think like that ? i dont fence saber or know a female that does...so i dont know if that is the attitude about female saberurs........ just wondering!

17. jusplainfencing

jusplainfencing Rookie

oh and i just bought some of these shoes yesterday hope that there comfy...(im waiting for them to be delivered)... does anyone have these shoes?

18. lfortier

lfortier Rookie

Well, it's nothing different- Think of it this way: a regular, normal female fencer holding a different sword and style with more agression and quickness needed. I don't see the controversy w/ female sabreists!

19. CvilleFencer

CvilleFencer Podium

As to shoes I use a pair of Adidas Akrid Boxing Shoes! They have the same powerline soles as the Asymetrics but they wiegh less and only cost about 50USD. The only thing I have needed to do to them is add a pair of sport gel inserts to soften the inpact on my shins and knees.

I think they are pretty great and the price is hard to beat! I am able to squeeze out a couple of extra inches on my lunges and my footwork is a little better compared to basketball or running shoes because of the light weight.

If you are interested the cheapest place I have found is www.boxingshoes.com.

Good luck!

20. damianip

damianip Podium

As for me, I've been experimenting with boxing shoes also. I finally blew up my old Estocs a few months back and my old Adidas boots were too expensive to replace and not all that comfortable.

I've been using Everlast low tops (which are actually high tops to normal folks) and I have to say that they are very light and comfortable. I'm a bit concerned about impact although I really have's felt any ill effects after using them for about a month.

My main concern now is durability. They do have excellent traction particularly on bronze strips.

So far, so good, and fairly cheap at 60 USD. If they last more than half a year, I'll be happy and ahead of the game.

Paolo