Armory workbench/buildout recommendations?

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by HalfBlue, Jan 10, 2019.

1. HalfBlue

HalfBlue Made the Cut

We have just gotten use of a new room in our gym bldg, and want to build out a fuller armory than the current small closet we use. The new room is about 10' x 10' square. There's some difference of opinion with the club officers/coaches about building custom workbenches vs buying a workbench kit or similar from Home Depot or Lowe's. Our current small armory was custom built b/c the space was so small and oddly shaped, but the skilled carpenter who did that work isn't with the club any more, and the rest of us have pretty average building skills.

Has anyone used a prefab workbench or kit that they think is well suited to an armory? Or if you have a well set up armory, would you be willing to share a picture or two here to give us some ideas?

Thanks!

2. K O'N

K O'N Podium

HalfBlue likes this.
  3. HalfBlue

HalfBlue Made the Cut

Thank you K O'N, that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for!

4. Fairfield_Fencing_Armory

Fairfield_Fencing_Armory Made the Cut

I took the photo without cleaning up my bench. I need a stronger vice, but I’m too frugal to buy one. Waiting for a free one to come my way. I like having all my tools, parts, and power tools within reach. I wish I could blame someone else for the mess, but it’s all mine... Haha. Hopefully, you can keep your bench neater!

Attached Files:

HalfBlue likes this.
  5. monitorlizerd

monitorlizerd DE Bracket

<-----See Pic. My bench is a 4 foot folding table from Walmart. What doesn't show is a small vise to the left in the picture, used more as a third hand than anything else. I have a Workmate to set up if I need my power tools, but I haven't needed them in a while- usually only the grinder if I'm assembling a bunch of blades.
    My workshop is in my storage unit. Not safe at home, with wall to wall carpet.
    This is also what the "traveling armory show" looks like, with the pallettes from my tool box instead of the small rack in the pic.