Another Leon Paul sizing question: Lamés

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by wwittman, May 24, 2019.

1. wwittman

wwittman DE Bracket

so...

LP suggests that one order the same size Lamé as your LP jacket.
    But also describes it as relatively loose fitting and has a little disclaimer or addendum about ordering a size smaller if you like your lamé to fit tightly.

I’m currently in a Leon Paul jacket but with an Allstar lamé.
    I’m thinking about the LP Lightweight but they have me confused about the sizing now.
    Any of you using LP lamés have any advice about sizing?
    Do they run biggish?
    Any feeling about how they size relative to the Allstar?
    I don’t want to swim in it, but I also don’t want to be a sausage!
    In general I’ve found their website sizing advice to be variably accurate at best.

If it weren’t such an ordeal to send stuff back and forth from England I’d consider two sizes to see. But also I’ll probably have them stencil it so that’s not practical anyway.

Any advice appreciated!

2. Emfuser

Emfuser DE Bracket

It is accurate advice for me. I'm a reasonably fit 40 year old male. I wear an LP Apex in 42 and my LP ultralight lame is a size 42 as well. It's fit is good. Not too loose or tight. I could go to a size 40 lame and it would be tighter fitting, but not restrictive.

3. neevel

neevel Armorer

Allstar is known for having a fairly slender, tapering cut in the torso for their uniforms. LP is a little more generous in their cut, so it should fit fine for most people if you go by their sizing instructions. Like Emfuser, I'm at a 42 for both my Apex jacket and my ultralight lame and they fit fine. If you have any doubts, just e-mail Leon Paul with your neck, chest, and waist measurements and they'll be able to advise you.

4. wwittman

wwittman DE Bracket

They recommend a jacket size but then they have confusing info about lame sizing

“We would recommend in foil if you want a tighter fitting lame jacket and therefore a reduced target area for selecting 1 size lower than your Leon Paul jacket. “

My Apex jacket fits but is just a TOUCH roomy.

5. dcchew

dcchew Podium

Just a suggestion and comment. The lightweight lames are very comfortable to wear. However, their durability with constant use is less than the traditional lame material. So, if this lame is going to be your one and only lame, consider the traditional lame material over the lightweight lame. It will last longer.

6. wwittman

wwittman DE Bracket

Thanks. I have the Allstar for practise as well.

But I think, at least, I’d want this to fit sort of like the Allstar.
    I guess the question is: will a LP 36 fit like an Allstar 38 or will it be too tight?

7. wwittman

wwittman DE Bracket

So just to follow up, I went with the LP Lamé that they recommended (same size as the jacket) and it fits well.
    I think it was the right choice so thanks to all who weighed in.