Allstar-Uhlmann uniform differences in fit

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Degenmeister, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Degenmeister

Degenmeister Rookie

I've read many of the threads that talk about uniform preferences/characteristics and frequently see reference to the difference in cut between Allstar (more tailored, slimmer fit) and Uhlmann (fuller fit). Yet in all the sizing charts of the suppliers, the basic guidelines for selecting a size use the same chest, waist, and hip measurements for Allstar and Uhlmann (i.e., measurements for Allstar EU size 56 are the same as those for Uhlmann EU 56). I get no sense of how great the difference in fit is between these two uniforms.

Can anyone out there offer personal experience with these two brands that might help me?

2. piste off

piste off Podium

Not sure where you are looking... but the size charts for Allstar and Uhlmann are indeed different (check their sites, not the vendor's) and are in line with the thinking that Allstar is more slim and Uhlmann fuller. That is my experience as well.

3. Degenmeister

Degenmeister Rookie

Yes. The US Allstar site actually did not have Uhlmann measurements. US vendors lump Uhlmann and Allstar together in the same size conversion charts. I went to the UK Allstar/Uhlmann site and compared their size charts. There seems to be about a 1 inch difference in the range for each measurement. This helps a lot.

Thanks!

4. cyamada

cyamada Rookie

I tried both on at JOs and found that both fit mostly the same. The only difference I noticed was that the allstar jacket was slimmer around the torso and thus fit me better.

5. Degenmeister

Degenmeister Rookie

Thanks. The measurements from the Allstar/Uhlmann UK website indicate that the chest measurement for a given size is pretty much the same for both, while the waist and hip measurements trend lower for Allstar. I believe that Allstar may be tailored for a slim or "sporting" fit along the same lines as the LP jackets.