Absolute Fencing Epee weight

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by EzekielW, Jun 2, 2011.

1. EzekielW

EzekielW Rookie

Does anybody own an Epee from Absolute Fencing and know about how much it weighs? Especially the practice ones. Thanks:D

2. EzekielW

EzekielW Rookie

Even if you don't know exactly, could anyone tell me if they are to the heavier or lighter side?

3. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Podium

They have so many parts, you need to be more specific. In general, practice epees are very light.

4. EzekielW

EzekielW Rookie

5. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Podium

If you are worried about getting the lightest epee, you need to upgrade to a lightweight bell guard and either a pistol grip or Leon Paul's carbon fiber french grip. If you are just getting started fencing, just buy the cheapest epee you can get and you will adjust to the weight.

6. CvilleFencer

CvilleFencer Podium

I don't recommend practice epees as a general rule. I don't think there is one in my club actually. The Absolute ones are fairly light, but the weight is odd as they come with a pommel that does not balance the weight very well unless you upgrade. The balance and cant of a weapon will greatly effect the "perceived" weight of the weapon so do bear that in mind. If you go with that one, pay a few more dollars to get a lighter bell and a heavier pommel. The lightest epee you are likely to see is a Leon Paul blade with their ultra-light guard, socket and carbon fiber grip. I know of no lighter epee that you can build.