2 One-Way Tkts < Round-trip

Discussion in 'Parent's Corner' started by Mac A. Bee, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Mac A. Bee

Mac A. Bee is a Verified Fencing ExpertMac A. Bee Podium

"NYTimes'"June 11 "$1,200 for Coach? How to Beat the New Airfare Rules" explains that two one-way tickets or an open-jaw may be less than a round-trip. Relevant to those who haven't bought your Summer Nationals/July Challenge tickets or for '16-17's season.

2. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Of course, it might get you, ah, enhanced security scrutiny...

3. Mac A. Bee

Possibly if you buy outbound A-B-C, get off at B and inbound B-D-E and get off at E.

4. NipperDad

NipperDad Made the Cut

What it is more likely to get you is problems with the airline. They're getting more aggressive about people flying only parts of an itinerary. They can't do much about two one-ways, but anything where you don't take all the ticketed legs is becoming riskier.

5. Mac A. Bee

Which is why I didn't recommend getting off early on a round-trip, which may be subsequently cancelled.

6. Chauffeur

Chauffeur DE Bracket

I think that is what Mac A. Bee is saying.

FWIW, I just purchased a ticket to travel to the UK for work and observed what the article noted. An open-jaw flight into LHR and out of MAN was equivalent to in/out LHR and less than in/out MAN. Actually saves $$ since I will need to be in London one day and by flying in to LHR and frontloading those meetings, I will only need one train fare and no hotel. Score.

7. Mac A. Bee

Bring your kit. When commuting between DC and London, I left half of mine there and trained as time allowed. Amazing how it ups your game!

8. Chauffeur

Chauffeur DE Bracket

Maybe next time; I didn't even think of it for this trip. I wasn't even smart enough to wait for the Premiership fixtures to be published. I guess I will have to wait for the FA Cup to be posted to see if I can catch a mid-week game.