【uniform】waver in selection

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by dandelion, Aug 18, 2011.

1. dandelion

dandelion Rookie

Hello everyone. Would you give me your advices?
    Which do you recommend AF Signature Series FIE Jacket or Uhlmann's Olympia(Allster's Startex)?
    I can't try AF Signature Series FIE Jacket/Pants on because they are not commercially available in Japan.

Please forgive my awkward English.

2. CvilleFencer

CvilleFencer Podium

Your English is just fine amigo, no worries there. The new model of AF FIE uniforms is very nice. It moves well and is built to a good standard. The older ones were an odd off white color that many people did not care for, so make sure you are getting the new ones. The Uhlmann Startex uniforms are a bit heavier and have a more "solid" feel to them. For a long time the Uhlmann and Allstar uniforms were the world standard, but they have slipped a bit in recent years. They are well made overall but I would not say there was a huge quality difference between the newer makes of the two uniforms.

It really comes down to brand and personal preference. For resale value if you are likely to outgrow your kit, the Uhlmann is going to be a better buy. If you want light weight and ease of wear and don't care about brand panache I would go with the AF. You will save a few bucks and it will likely be just as good durability wise.

3. dandelion

dandelion Rookie

Hi! CvilleFencer

Thank you for your kind answer and praise for my English.
    I'm very interested in AF's products. Again AF is not popular in Japan.
    But I'm anxious about the color(off-white). Although I know that it depends on personal preference, of course, I want to avoid the color such as ''custard cream''.

To who know the color of new AF Signature Series FIE ...
    Would you tell me the color near to the product on this web site?
    http://color.uic.jp/

4. CvilleFencer

CvilleFencer Podium

On this one I am not going to be much help I am afraid. I am somewhat color blind, so I don't do well with differentiation for pastels or subtle shading. The new uniforms introduced last season are a bright white and look no different to me than the Negrini, Uhlmann or LP. The old ones however are different enough for me to notice if they are right next to a bright white one. I have heard the old ones called an ecru, cream or eggshell if that helps at all. All of the old ones are on clearance through the AF website. As long as you buy one that is the full price you should get the right ones. You can also send an email to Absolute. They have always been very helpful in my experience.

5. dandelion

dandelion Rookie

Hello again CvilleFencer

Surely, new ones seemed to be diffent from old ones on web site and seemed to be as whity as other FIE uniforms.I will send e-mail to Absolute.
    I was glad to contuct with you in English. Thank you for your comprehension! Your advise was very helpful for me.