Unverifiable Rumors and Dubious Gossip About 2019 Collegiate Incoming Fencers

Discussion in 'Fencing Discussion' started by Ancientepee, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ReadyFence

ReadyFence Podium

I enjoy this thread very much. Can't understand the hate, if you don't like it don't click on it. Internet life lessons.

Mike8145 likes this.
  2. Ancientepee

Ancientepee Podium

Does anyone have a recommendation for where this thread can be posted in the future? Reddit seems to be just one massive blob of posts in which it's difficult to find something that hasn't been posted in the last six hours or so. Send me suggestions.

3. jdude97

jdude97 Podium

Could you host a website with a name like collegefencingdecisions.com and simple html with all the info, could even archive past years. Should only be a handful of bucks per year in hosting fees, i’m sure you could crowdfund if that’s an issue. And probably someone in the community could help setting up the website and html. And it could/should have an information submission feature or else just do that through email, perhaps a dedicated account for that purpose.

With that said, I think r/fencing is the easiest option and worth a shot to see how it goes.

4. Ancientepee

Ancientepee Podium

I have been in the process of offloading my fencing archives because of my age and am not interested in taking on additional tasks. So Andy Shaw has and has posted on his web site my reports on US Div I national champions and NCAA champions, the FIE has my reports on fencing in the Olympics, World Championships, and Universiades (World University Games as they're known in the US), etc. I'm looking for people interested in maintaining and expanding this information.

teacup and jdude97 like this.
  5. mfp

mfp Podium

Rec.sport.fencing :)

6. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Does that still exist??? :eek:

7. mfp

mfp Podium

Yes, Rec.sport.fencing still exists as a Google group:

However no one has posted to it in quite some time. Some other former Usenet groups are still actively trucking along on Google groups though.

8. Ancientepee

Ancientepee Podium

I'm not sure how useful it would be to post something on a site that no one looks at. Isn't there a site that posts the rankings of the top college teams? Would they be interested?

9. mfp

mfp Podium

Pete LaFleur's collegefencing360.com

10. teacup

teacup Podium