How some foil referees break rules

Discussion in 'Rules and Referee Questions' started by Malicia, Mar 28, 2019.

1. anton_fairfax

anton_fairfax Made the Cut

I think that’s the fourth time you’ve said that.

Can we just take it as entered into the record that everyone knows about your other website, and you don’t need to keep spamming/linking to it repeatedly...?

2. ccadet

ccadet Made the Cut

I wanted stop the real and interesting discussion because of time.
    Then some people like ww and you, continue to "troll"...

I do not know if you know the analogy of playing chess with a pigeon ?
    I try to explain things, but like the pigeon who has no intension to play chess, you have no intension to understand, just to contradict me any matter. .
    I really like talking about fencing and foil (And i do it for myself). Even with ignorant people. But not with people who do not care.
    In short, no matter if I make good moves (Chess) or not, you do not count anyway, not play and shit on the board
    You are trolls, my obligation was to add an answer to note that it was silly of you. And it always is.
    And I hope those who read this will be aware of the smallness of your answers / questions.
    That was the reason why.
    And now, I'm fed up, I'm not even going to read your crap (and answer it...)
    (Sorry for "bonehead" (the national referee) who tried to communicate (even if he's not agree) and for those interested, that i do not put in the same basket. I hope you have enough thing for understand and make our own point of view)

You win, because i'm annoy/irritate, because this one more stupid question (argumentum ad personam) :
    https://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/L’Art_d’avoir_toujours_raison/Ultime_stratagème
    Congrat pigeonn you got me. First, as i said, i will do no answer on discussion (play chess). And 2nd, It is the last time, I'm cleaning your poop. So take care of your next poop, or not, i don't care anymore... Insult me, i don't care (I got my mom sick (the reason why i ve to stop that discussion atm) and a less 1y old baby... I already have enough to do about poop.)

I am still on [email protected]. I'm sorry if it sounds like arrogance, it's just exultant annoyance.
    Have a nice day.

NB : The subject was how they "break" rules...
    So that's answer what's rules they don't follow => so how it's actually apply out of rules in fact.
    Wah! 30 pages to understand it. What a disruptive revelation. oO
    That's the reason why we talk about it, it's because, in fact, we can see "common rules excluding regulations" coming from nowhere... First : we see it, we tell it, as alert launcher (The years go by and the problem has not changed, we just repeat that's other people said)... After everyone thinks what he wants from that. If break rules is normal for you, that's weird but that's your point of view. If refereeing out of rules does not pose you a problem of conscience, it is your problem. (And read us can help you to do the exact same error than "pro" and protect yourself from problem in knowing real rules !)
    And if we talk about it, it's because, yes, for us, it's a f**king (stop change it, in freacking, i don't know what it is : That's a want to say if you want to translate : "C'est un putin de probleme de merde") problem.
    (I've said, i will no more answer to poop. But this one (i've read it...) and make me laugh in reality. Sorry for this anton... I hope you will forgive me.)

here is the mail send to the commission of Educators. Paris, le 13 avril 2019

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019 at 6:46 AM
  3. anton_fairfax

Well there’s only one person here hurling insults, and it’s not me. I just don’t see what else can be added to the conversation by repeating the same arguments over and over for 30 pages, with the same rules copied and pasted hundreds of times. So if you want to keep going, keep going, but if you really do want to stop reading and answering, then please do so.....

Bonehead likes this.
  4. ccadet

ccadet Made the Cut

Why not only quote this one ?
    "I try to explain things, but like the pigeon who has no intension to play chess, you have no intension to understand, just to contradict me any matter."

________

You've just prove it anytime you are talking, and i don't know why i still feed the troll, because that's not insult...
    You are a troll.
    (And i really want to stop talk, because it's now hurt me. Really... It's why i need no more read you crap for myself... (so much the better if it make you happy. But i doubt it, because you call me back again and again by answering like an asshole (that is an insult, don't care if you think that was not deserved)))
    Your answers/questions has no use. (So that's not insult... That's fact... You attack me on pitiful thing... And i attack you on that ! I'm bored)
    AS trying play with pigeon (that's not saying that's you are a pigeon... even if you look like.) at chess. YOU NOT TRY TO UNDERSTAND AND PLAY CHESS, YOU ARE DOING OTHER THING (LIKE THE PIGEON WHO POO, and really for me : poop is cleaner than what you are doing)
    and it is right.
    It's not smart comparison, but it's working very well (And I'm trying to clean this... Another time...)

And you will just answer that i have insult you (or other crap) ...
    That's will be another stupid simplistically answer and bad understanding on what was really happening.
    (I try to answer before you talk xD LOL = It's going crazy)

"Radical thoughts are comfortable thoughts, it relieves the one who experiences them from doing anything and gives him a good conscience."
    I am engaged but not radical. You seams radical

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019 at 1:33 PM
  5. anton_fairfax

Well I wasn’t even part of the discussion when you said 2 days ago:
    I was pointing out that you keep declaring that you will no longer answer and then immediately reply with massively long responses (to other people, not just to “asshole answers” from me). I’m not sure what you’re so angry about with all the name calling. If you think I’m trolling you for pointing out your inconsistency, or for the hypocrisy of saying all those things to me then saying “ insult me then I don’t care” - without a hint of irony - I dont see how that’s me trolling you. But obviously, I really don’t care what you think I am - pigeon, troll, asshole, a chess board? In any case, I’m not forcing you to reply to me - The way to stop engaging in a conversation is by not replying. Give it a go ;)

Bonehead likes this.
  6. Bonehead

Bonehead Podium

I'm still not clear whether Malicia thinks the things shes posting should be attack in preparation or stop-hit in time.

And to ccadet, you may think we're 'pigeons' or whatever, but I really don't understand your goal here. Malicia has posted "n°37" examples of how FIE call things with video evidence.

Do you think you're going to change their mind by telling a bunch of people on a closing forum, who basically universally disagree with you (other than Malicia, who actually seems to disagree with you too because it seems like she thinks these are stop-hits while you think they are attacks in preparation)?

Are we supposed to go to Budapest and say "A person on the internet has convinced me that you're all 'breaking the rules'"?

7. Malicia

Malicia DE Bracket

That's not the good method : It's not an abstract statement.
    Find cases, read the rules, and show the problem... Many times !

In fact, I don't care. Both explanations have the same result... those referees are breaking the official rules.
    Sometimes, it's an stop-hit, soometimes it's an attack in preparation.
    For example, Case n°34 is an attack on preparation.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Bonehead

Bonehead Podium

Okay, then just to be clear, in your post here, where you originally posted this example "Case n°35"

https://www.fencing.net/forums/thre...erees-break-rules.143306/page-29#post-1204367

Where you quote t.88

You do recognise that the rule t.88 does not apply to attacks in preparation? This rule explicitly applies to stop-hits, which are a type of counterattack.

But you're saying that you think the correct call should be attack in preparation, not stop-hit in time?

9. wwittman

wwittman DE Bracket

Is there another non-metallic tongue mask other than then Leon Paul Comfort?

And an I reading it wrong or doesn’t the LO already meet this standard?:

Mask without metallic tongue
    The position of the main strap must be low enough to ensure that the mask cannot slide off; the correct distance should be decided by the manufacturer (typically, 25/30 mm).
    The strap must incorporate 3 fixing points.
    The use of a magnetic strap, when present, remains mandatory.

I’m guessing someone thinks the 1600n bib is “too stiff” and encourages a blade under it to lift the mask.
    But I’m guessing.

And I think it’s daft.

jkormann likes this.