Where to study Sabre

Discussion in 'New to Fencing' started by Gus, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Gus

Gus Rookie

Hello everyone,
    Its my first time in a fencing forum so if im jumping or posting in the wrong place, please excuse me.
    Im not young or have a lot of experience in the fencing world but I found the sport like 2 years ago and begin to train, in this time I found a couple of things to do and others to evade but since my local coach is coaching eppe and sabre, he doesnt have a lot of time, so my question is where could I go to train and gain new skills to teach and to upgrade my game.
    Could take two ways. 1. Study like in a boot camp or 2 travel to a fencing gym. The question is where to go.
    Im in southamerica and I am 33 years old
    Thanks for your answers

2. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Note that this board is shutting down after US Nationals finish up on Sunday July 7. You might want to repost this at https://www.reddit.com/r/Fencing/

A number of us have moved there.

3. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Kinda sad that new people will no longer have an easily located place to get information about fencing, ask their questions, etc. I suspect that a Google search for "where to learn fencing" or "fencing shoes" will not yield "a reddit" as easily as it did a dedicated site like f.net.