Thread: New FIE foil blade? any sugestion??

Just Joined
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

New FIE foil blade? any sugestion??

Hi,
    I'm gonna buy a new foil FIE blade (I know this question has being overly asked but) you guys got any sugestions? I allready have a BF white and I find to stiff for me and a LP Flickmaster wich is great but lack a bit of point control (just a tad bit, not much for me!) And I would like a blade with great flexibility for Flick actions (I like to score with a flick ) and point control, just want to says that i'm not super strong (but I know how to flick correctly, got some lessons with ma coach) and that I would juste like a blade that doesn't wobbles as much as the Flickmaster when I do a parade or a beat but flicks well like the LP!

I had some Idea on my mind:
    -LP budget FIE (looks kinda funky, I like funky stuff :P)
    -The G-pro, from review i read its looks good
    -Vniti?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for my bad english i'm a frenchie :P

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    If you want point control avoid the LP budget. Actually, just avoid the LP budget like the plague anyway.

Never tried the G-pro, so can't comment on it.

Vniti - great blade, but unless you set it up right, it can feel heavy and slightly unbalanced at times.

Have you tried a stiffer flickmaster?
    I'm happy to answer pointed questions as respectfully as my mood permits

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Or a more flexible BF.

I had one G-Pro and didn't like it. The idea seems sound, a stiff blade for point control with a more flexible foible for flick but I didn't like the feel and the foible seems to take kinks easily.
    Beauty is not the goal of competitive sports, but high-level sports are a prime venue for the expression of human beauty. The relation is roughly that of courage to war.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rudd View Post
    Or a more flexible BF.

I had one G-Pro and didn't like it. The idea seems sound, a stiff blade for point control with a more flexible foible for flick but I didn't like the feel and the foible seems to take kinks easily.
    Not only that, but the last two I used in competitions (circa 2010) took bad bends in the forte region which couldn't be completely removed. Now, most of that is possibly due to distance errors on my part, but competition intensity is different from practice.

To the OP, may I recommend StM FIE? They seem to be medium-rated in most respects: they're a slightly heavier blade (but have a good balance, so this isn't immediately apparent), have good point control and have reasonable durability. And, depending on where you order it, they're among the cheapeast blades available.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    The Leon Paul Budget is basically a miraging version of the LP France. Very whipy, which is probably apparent from the pictures (very
    thin forte), ok durability, and light as foils go. The Golubitsky as far as I know from using one in my club is very similar to the BF's. It's got a very European "continental" feel, completely differently balanced from all of Leon Paul's other foils. It's a bit lighter than BF (or a bit heavier depending on the batch of BF :P) The Vniti is VERY heavy, probably the most heavy foil blade out there. it last forever though. probably more stiff than what you're looking for though, slightly flexy at the foible, rock hard at the forte, in many ways a lot like a heavy, indestructible BF or G-Pro.

You know, you can always get a Flickmaster with a different flex, 65-70 sounds like what you'd want.
    Hope this helps!

Just Joined
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Thanks for all the suggestion!

I think that a 60-75 flickmaster would be good, but I don't find on the usa LeonPaul website were could I choose this specification! The only choices I have are Stiff, medium and flexible!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlecchino View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestion!

I think that a 60-75 flickmaster would be good, but I don't find on the usa LeonPaul website were could I choose this specification! The only choices I have are Stiff, medium and flexible!
    Unfortunately i'm in the dark about this as well. I've only ever purchased Leon Paul Blades at their vendors. If possibly this is really the best way.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I have a 70 and I love it. I do like to flick, but I find it has better point control than an etoile and doesn't take bends too easy (then again, I've fenced for 5 years now and haven't broke a blade yet, besides the two tips that were snapped off by horribly aimed beats by the other fencer and someone carelessly stepping one one). It has a section that it tapers down quite a bit in, and that's the only place that it's bent so far.
    ↕ Embrace both lines.

1 for syrup 0 for none.

Just Joined
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    get a vniti maximum stiffness.
    it flicks great and is stiff enough to make valid touches.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ouik View Post
    get a vniti maximum stiffness.
    it flicks great and is stiff enough to make valid touches.
    If you find a BF too stiff you might not want to go with a Vniti max