Thread: Fencing in Nashville

Fencing in Nashville

I have a friend who lives in Nashville and would like to introduce his kids to fencing. It doesn't seem there are a lot of options. Does anyone know anything about the Nashville Fencing Club?
    Your life is not a prize you get at the end of it. But I did get a champagne sabre for my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    I have a friend who lives in Nashville and would like to introduce his kids to fencing. It doesn't seem there are a lot of options. Does anyone know anything about the Nashville Fencing Club?
    If you are interested in Saber you might want to look up Cheney Fencing (CF). This club is in the Nashville area.

I don't know much about Rus' new club. I've been in contact with him about adding his High School fencing groups into our proto-league. Others options in the Nashville area are: Cumberland d'Escrime, meets 2 evenings a week at the Cohn Center, All 3 weapons, mostly recreational with some competitive fencers. And there is Chris Cheney's new club in Brentwood: Cheney Fencing and as can be expected with Chris, is all saber, all the time, and very competition oriented.

Thank you for your responses! Is there anywhere for kids looking to start foil or epee?
    Your life is not a prize you get at the end of it. But I did get a champagne sabre for my birthday.

The best place for all your fencing needs in Nashville is that Home Depot off of Rte-37 around by the back. :-)
    =)=///

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know Chris Cheney either personally or by reputation? I have a granddaughter south of Nashville and while she's a little young (8), I'd like her to have an opportunity to try fencing and see if it suits her.

Quote Originally Posted by lindajdunn View Post
    Does anyone know Chris Cheney either personally or by reputation? I have a granddaughter south of Nashville and while she's a little young (8), I'd like her to have an opportunity to try fencing and see if it suits her.
    I've know Chris and family for almost 8 years. Very nice young man and family. Good fencer and coach. I would recommend him to anyone.

8 years old is normally a good age to start fencing. I've seen some kids as young as 6 start.

I've known Chris for almost 6yrs and consider him a relatively close personal friend. I'd list him as one of the more intelligent fencers I've known and a definite scholar of the sport. As a coach he's still very young and results are unproven but I'd at least give him a shot for sure.
    I now dangle to the left....my tassle. Get your minds out of the gutter.
    "Martin was not an optimist; he was a prisoner of hope." Optimism is about assuming there's evidence that justifies your outlook while hope is about creating the evidence and procuring your own happiness or vision of the world. - Professor West