Thread: Hi everyone!

Just Joined

Hi everyone!

Hi! My name is Arlette. I've just joined a fencing introductory class and I absolutely love it, Although my right leg was very sore after first practice! I'm hoping to continue in regular classes once my intro classes are over. I have to ask though, was everyone else this sore after they started fencing?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arletteleigh View Post
    Hi! My name is Arlette. I've just joined a fencing introductory class and I absolutely love it, Although my right leg was very sore after first practice! I'm hoping to continue in regular classes once my intro classes are over. I have to ask though, was everyone else this sore after they started fencing?
    Still sore... 8 years later. Good news though is that you will get stronger, faster and more capable thanks to fencing. Its a wonderful sport for people of all ages, genders etc.

Nothing harmonizes the mind and body quite like fencing.

Member UnidentifiedFencerOnline's Avatar
    you are ALWAYS sore after a session. how sore depends on when you last fenced and on what you did. but you cope better.
    Was that an earthquake or did I just rock your world?

You will feel sore for a while, all depending on your level of fitness. Remeber that you are using muscles in a very specific way and it will take a while to get them into the shape you want for the moves required. A year after taking up fencing, I am still sore after lessons or open fencing, just not as much as in the beginning, unless I'm really pushing the training that day. Stick with it--it will get better
    The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity...for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing. ----Unknown