Thread: Cory Remsburg 10/15/09

Blog Entries

Cory Remsburg 10/15/09

EXCITING NEWS ……. Cory has arrived stateside! We apologize for not sending a message sooner, but things happened very fast. Literally, Cory was not confirmed to fly until minutes before being loaded onto the C-17 aircraft. As an added bonus, Craig was allowed to accompany Cory to Washington, DC. Medically, Cory was also accompanied by a Critical Care Air Transport Team (CCATT), which includes a physician, critical care nurse, and respiratory technician. Their job was to keep Cory stable and comfortable during the flight. The flight went very well and Cory arrived to the states without incident. The rest of Cory’s immediate family was flown back to the states separately and will meet up with Cory very soon.

No changes to Cory’s condition today, still in an induced coma, and have several medications.

Since Cory was “challenged” by a 9-hour flight and we are all getting settled and re-adjusted to the time difference, we ask that instead of calling you continue to look to the website for all updates. Also, per Neurosurgeon orders, Cory should not have any visitors at this time other than the immediate family that is with him. We will let you know immediately when Cory is able to accept visitors, but until that time please keep sending us your messages via Caring Bridge. Your messages provide all of us support, love, and encouragement and we feel the messages have been pivotal in helping to sustain Cory’s recovery. We will also try to provide a mailing address…Cory will be in DC for awhile and I am sure would appreciate cards, photos, and Giants memorabilia to help brighten his room.
    Score 3 strokes, 4 seizures and 2 brain surgeries and a bunch of ongoing mini strokes

I've had brain surgery, what's your excuse? And now L3-4 fusion.

Great news.....but could you not just put the date next time? It looks like he'd passed!
    Need fencing equipment? See me at H.O.M. Fencing Supply

Going to your first tournament? Read "Choose yer weapon, Laddie (or: Dude, where's my foil?)"

Blog Entries
    You are right, I thought about that. I just was so excited and I wanted everyone to know it was a fresh update.
    Score 3 strokes, 4 seizures and 2 brain surgeries and a bunch of ongoing mini strokes

I've had brain surgery, what's your excuse? And now L3-4 fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Fencer View Post
    Great news.....but could you not just put the date next time? It looks like he'd passed!
    PF: My thoughts exactly.
    GB: I am so glad to hear that he is back in the states. I'm sure that now the hard work begins to get him as well as possible. Good luck and my best wishes to him and his family.
    "Rub her feet!" - Lazarus Long, Time enough for Love, Robert A. Heinlein

"Never moon a werewolf."
    Mike Binder

Just Joined
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    EXCITING NEWS ……. Cory has arrived stateside! We apologize for not sending a message sooner, but things happened very fast. Literally, Cory was not confirmed to fly until minutes before being loaded onto the C-17 aircraft. As an added bonus, Craig was allowed to accompany Cory to Washington, DC. Medically, Cory was also accompanied by a Critical Care Air Transport Team (CCATT), which includes a physician, critical care nurse, and respiratory technician. Their job was to keep Cory stable and comfortable during the flight. The flight went very well and Cory arrived to the states without incident. The rest of Cory’s immediate family was flown back to the states separately and will meet up with Cory very soon.

No changes to Cory’s condition today, still in an induced coma, and have several medications.

Since Cory was “challenged” by a 9-hour flight and we are all getting settled and re-adjusted to the time difference, we ask that instead of calling you continue to look to the website for all updates. Also, per Neurosurgeon orders, Cory should not have any visitors at this time other than the immediate family that is with him. We will let you know immediately when Cory is able to accept visitors, but until that time please keep sending us your messages via Caring Bridge. Your messages provide all of us support, love, and encouragement and we feel the messages have been pivotal in helping to sustain Cory’s recovery. We will also try to provide a mailing address…Cory will be in DC for awhile and I am sure would appreciate cards, photos, and Giants memorabilia to help brighten his room.

Many thanks to ur post. I love it.