Thread: Nationals and proof of age

Nationals and proof of age

Heads up - I was reading the packcet on Nationals and notice that for any youth fencer that has not had their age verified we need to bring either a birth certificate or passport. I have a habt of just glacing at the athlete's packet - glad I looked this time!

Bbugii's Mom

Quote Originally Posted by bbugiii View Post
    Heads up - I was reading the packcet on Nationals and notice that for any youth fencer that has not had their age verified we need to bring either a birth certificate or passport. I have a habt of just glacing at the athlete's packet - glad I looked this time!

Bbugii's Mom
    This is not new - it has been part of the process for this entire season. They have checked the age of all youth fencers at all of the SYCs and NACs. If the fencer has attended any (or all ) of these events, which I would think that anybody attending Nationals would have, then the age verification is already in the system.
    Last edited by passata_sotto; 06-11-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: syntax error
    " ... or spend fifty years learning to begin to learn to beat your adversary at fencing. After that you can start on mathematics, until it is time to learn to plough. White, T.H. The Once and Future King (emphasis added)

My guys aren't in youth anymore (thank goodness!), but if the fencer has applied for an FIE license you have to send a copy of their passport. They are marking those as proof.

Quote Originally Posted by 4qtrs View Post
    My guys aren't in youth anymore (thank goodness!), but if the fencer has applied for an FIE license you have to send a copy of their passport. They are marking those as proof.
    Not a huge number of youth fencers with FIE licenses, given that the FIE has a minimum age of 13. Granted there are undoubtedly a few 13/14-year olds with them, but they have to be an extremely small exceptional minority.

-B
    "Oh but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by bbugiii View Post

Bbugii's Mom
    This is a darned good thing to pay attention to for being safe. You never know if you will need it or not. Things happen. Having the necessary piece of paper can make all the difference.
    Don't guess and even if you know, have it to make sure.
    The Momster
    A friend will bail you out of jail,
    a true friend will help you hide the body...
    : )