Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leon Paul Fencing Shoes

Mo

Leon Paul Fencing Shoes

Have the Leon Paul fencing shoes like the pair they had at Summer Nationals come out yet?
    Can they be ordered?
    I know a bunch of people who have worn out their last pair of Asymetrics looking for shoes in desperation.
    A friend will bail you out of jail,
    a true friend will help you hide the body...
    : )

Expected release date second week of September
    From the LP website.

Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by prototoast
    From the LP website.
    Thanks Proto!!
    A friend will bail you out of jail,
    a true friend will help you hide the body...
    : )

Quote Originally Posted by prototoast
    From the LP website.
    the price is also excellent at $100 and they look pretty good.

They will also be discounted the first week of release as a make-up for the sale after nationals. You may need to be on the newsletter to get the discount code though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerian
    They will also be discounted the first week of release as a make-up for the sale after nationals. You may need to be on the newsletter to get the discount code though.
    yeah they are only suppossed to be 85 instead of 100 dollars
    why lunge when you can just flick...?

I recently went to a camp with Paul Soter, he was pretty enthusiastic about Stabil 5's from Adidas. they're either volleyball or squash shoes. A lot of the olympic competitors wear them, i believe 2 of the 4 french women's epee team had them. plus they're about half the price of the leon pauls at 40 bucks for a pair.
    Epee Fencers do it to the hilt!

Stabils are volleyball shoes.
    John Matus
    Anchorage Fencing Club

They're actually Handball shoes. They are also impossible to find in the US currently. They weren't very well distributed here to begin with and now the new model (6) is out so the old ones are pretty much down to obscure sizes. I just ordered the 6 because there were no 11.5s left anywhere in the US in the 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by fencingguy
    They're actually Handball shoes. They are also impossible to find in the US currently. They weren't very well distributed here to begin with and now the new model (6) is out so the old ones are pretty much down to obscure sizes. I just ordered the 6 because there were no 11.5s left anywhere in the US in the 5s.
    tell me how they are once you get them, I need to upgrade from my Asics volleyball shoes.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. And from this side only! The flight of a half-man, half-bird. Dinosaurs nuzzling their young in pastures where strip malls should be. Cookies on dowels. All those moment, lost in time. Gone, like eggs off a hooker's stomach. Time to die" -Phil Ken Sebben

Quote Originally Posted by fencingguy
    They're definitely tougher to find than would be nice. I called 6 different sporting goods stores in my area when I was looking for them and only one had them. Thankfully they had my size also.
    If you're looking for them the best option would probably be to find a store that sells to try them on and figure out the size you would wear, then order them online for much cheaper than you can probably get them in a store for.

What is the difference between the 5 and 6s?
    "Their interpretation is, however, refuted most elegantly by your system of radioactive atom + amplifier + charge of gun powder + cat in a box"
    -Albert Einstein, in a letter to Erwin Schrödinger

I haven't gotten mine yet, but from talking to the adidas rep, and trying on someone elses the differences are primarily cosmetic. The 6s feel stiffer, and not as comfortable as the 5s, but that could because they are new.

If you contact Adidas customer service directly they can help you find just about anything you want by doing an inventory search of all stores in the US that carry their product.

New Shoes have arrived!

Just received my new Leon Paul/HITec fencing shoes and they look and feel great. They are the first pair of non-ADIDAS fencing shoes that I have owned and I am amazed that they ARE wide enough to fit a normal US male foot. People with flat feet may not like them because they have a cushioned insole, with moisture wicking control, that fits my foot like a glove.

The best part is that they sell 1/2 sizes of the larger size shoes. With ADIDAS I am always stuck somewhere between a 12, 13 or 14. I ordered the size 12-1/2's and they actually fit.

I am looking forward to trying them out as I teach class tonight.

Ken Lauver
    Coach, Fighting Knights at UCF in Orlando.
    "I'm extraordinarily patient provided I get my own way in the end" - Margaret Thatcher

HDG
    Quote Originally Posted by klauver
    Just received my new Leon Paul/HITec fencing shoes and they look and feel great.

Ken Lauver
    Coach, Fighting Knights at UCF in Orlando.
    I wish you had received them just a couple of days earlier; I would've loved to have seen them at the Bankuti this weekend.

i got a pair at the weekend, they seem pretty good so far, but that is just around the house. i'll be using them in earnest tomorrow, so i'll ket you know. one thing you might want to bear in mind is that in size terms they come out a lot larger than the adidas darts of equivalent numerical size. you will probably need to order a size down from what you usually take.

generally, i like the look of them so far and the price is very reasonable. a lot better than the high price adidas ones, which are horrible.

I just got them ten minutes ago. They're perfect except a little stiff in the toe area, but I'm sure it'll loosen up. Overall, I'm very happy with the product.
    "What, really? I thought that song was just about a dragon who lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee."

"Dan, you're such a dumb*ss"

Read it, be happy: Funny

I'm sure that I would have done better! (>;
    "I'm extraordinarily patient provided I get my own way in the end" - Margaret Thatcher

Quote Originally Posted by HDG
    I wish you had received them just a couple of days earlier; I would've loved to have seen them at the Bankuti this weekend.
    I'm sure that I would have done better!

I just got mine in, they're a good fit and feel pretty good, albiet stiff in the front. I'm looking foward to breaking them in.
    If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less but to dream more, to dream all the time~Proust

~The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Got a pair at a competition a couple of weeks ago. Very comfortable shoes, very grippy on wooden floors (haven't managed to get myself on a metal piste since I got them). Takes a certain amount of getting used to if you have been using a worn out pair of D'art Is or the Equipments on wooden floors because all of a sudden, you are stopping when you decide to do so, rather than a second or so later, so you have to learn not to compensate for the slight slip...

Some people have found them a little high and solid on the back ankle, but that was soon solved by putting in sorbathane insoles. They were approved when shown to a chiropodist parent (unlike the Adistars) as they do not have the seams that managed to rip most people's feet to shreds.

I agree that they come up a lot larger and wider than the adidas shoes, so you will probably end up taking the size you take in normal sneakers (have I got that right - I have no idea of the exact nuances of US English for various types of sport shoes).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast