Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W ketchup

W ketchup

I think this is the most stupid thing i've seen in a long time, maybe even more stupid than the freedom fries.

W ketchup

I'm sorry to say but that is just SO American. The patriotism seems to be getting a bit out of hand, my cousin from the U.S. proves it aswell. The other day he told me that the Vietnam War was never lost but a tie between both countries. I'm sorry I can't agree with that. The USA did not succeed in their effort to protect South Vietnam from the communistic north.
    -Should you find mistakes in my post...feel free to keep them.

- "Je suis touché!" Lucien Gaudin, Amsterdam 1928

Quote Originally Posted by Stylothek
    I'm sorry to say but that is just SO American. The patriotism seems to be getting a bit out of hand, my cousin from the U.S. proves it aswell. The other day he told me that the Vietnam War was never lost but a tie between both countries. I'm sorry I can't agree with that. The USA did not succeed in their effort to protect South Vietnam from the communistic north.
    Yeah, but it wasn't a war so we couldn't lose!

Blog Entries
    It's a particular strain of American party name-calling which is prevalent right now, too--the implication that being a Democrat is by definition anti-American. Leaves a nasty taste in my mouth, and it ain't tomato.
    “The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues.”
    Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures

Patriotic Ketchup I'm alright with. However it really bothers me when the political parties have to resort to name calling of a sort.
    "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory." - George S. Patton

It is disturbing to know that there are quite a few people who think along these lines.

There is a difference between patriotism and nationalism. Unfortunately ( or fortunately depending on how you view it), this problem doesn't just manifest itself in America. Every country has this problem, some worse than others. Some lead to people laughing in a forum, others lead to World Wars. It's amazing how often politicians repeat the mistakes of the past...

"Evocative, with a very French sound, the word 'courriel' is broadly used in the press and competes advantageously with the borrowed 'mail' in English,"
    http://www.usatoday.com/tech/world/2...ch-email_x.htm
    "Since when does being a patriot in America mean shutting your mouth?"
    ---

zz,zz,zz,zz,zz,zz!

I'm sorry, but i'm really ashamed of my country... W Ketchup? It has to be a joke!

D'you know what?
    John Kerry's wife owns... Heinz!
    And who's the biggest ketchup producer? Heinz!
    Why is it called W ketchup? Bush's middle name!
    They're trying to make people buy "all-american-vote-for-bush-ketchup"
    This is ridiculous! It's like a conspiracy! *AGHH!*
    thetheory.tk

Holy Hand Grenades! The whole world is going to make fun of us! It's all over the world! Russia, India, Kuwait, France, England, South Africa. . . It has to be a hoax... it has to be! otherwise i'm going to start buying ONLY Heinz products

Edit: Alright never mind, now I know it's a joke...
    http://www.wketchup.com/comments/ <- it just has to be.

Edit of Edit: Wait.. maybe it isn't! you can actually order some!
    Last edited by HillBilly; 07-26-2004 at 01:49 PM.
    thetheory.tk

Quote Originally Posted by Stylothek
    Quote from the site:

Reagan won the Cold War
    That strikes me as odd too...
    I always thought people agreed the Cold War was just silly, and grew up..

Guess some people still need growing up...
    With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter

Wait, no-one won the cold war! I thought it just... Disapperated. 'course I could be wrong... as usual...
    thetheory.tk

out of all things, ketchup?! why ketchup? it is pretty funny tho....
    "I have an excellent idea! Let's change the subject." March Hare

Blog Entries
    You know, it's so bizarre that I am starting to think it must be a hoax--it reminds me of the bonsai kittens, though subtler . . . some of the "comments" give it away.

I think your ketchup is the most ingenious product I've seen in recent years. What a great, simple idea! I am also pleased to see that you have a forum where we can all air our condiment differences. I was, however, appalled to read some of the vitriolic comments written by some on the Left. To think that people will get so up in arms over ketchup...tsk, tsk, tsk. I also applaud your sizing-down of the so-called fundraiser for the GOP. His personal attack on your business was a slap in the face of all things American. Shame on him and shame on anyone who would deny you the right to market such an undeniably American idea. My Freedom Fries will love it! God Bless America and God Bless W.
    — R.M., Waldorf, Maryland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ketchup is one of the finest culinary inventions known to mankind and I would hate to think of a section of the populace being deprived of a politically acceptable alternative to the Heinz brand.
    — A.S.
    “The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues.”
    Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures

Could be a hoax. Could just be a "gag" gift for Repubs.

http://washingtontimes.com/business/...5858-1478r.htm

And another one for you to relish (ha ha, get it, ketchup, relish what a kicker)

http://culturecat.net/node/view/450
    ---

zz,zz,zz,zz,zz,zz!

Quote Originally Posted by HillBilly
    I'm sorry, but i'm really ashamed of my country... W Ketchup? It has to be a joke!

D'you know what?
    John Kerry's wife owns... Heinz!
    And who's the biggest ketchup producer? Heinz!
    Why is it called W ketchup? Bush's middle name!
    They're trying to make people buy "all-american-vote-for-bush-ketchup"
    This is ridiculous! It's like a conspiracy! *AGHH!*
    Actually, the W stands for Washington. The Repubs are using nationalism in the hopes that they can get conservatives (left or right) to "stand behind the President in this time of war". If they can stir up enough nationalistic fervor, they can hide many other things...
    ---

zz,zz,zz,zz,zz,zz!

Funny, 'cause most of the Heinz family is republican. I'm sure they are all going d'oh! right about now.
    *Contains Sulfites

Quote Originally Posted by esskreemr
    Actually, the W stands for Washington. The Repubs are using nationalism in the hopes that they can get conservatives (left or right) to "stand behind the President in this time of war". If they can stir up enough nationalistic fervor, they can hide many other things...
    oops... I feel dumb

out of all things, ketchup?! why ketchup? it is pretty funny tho....
    Because John Kerry's wife owns Heinz Ketchup.
    thetheory.tk

Quote Originally Posted by esskreemr
    W stands for Washington is what they officially claim. Ultimately, it seems pretty obvious that they're aware that W will also make most people associate it with President Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by prototoast
    W stands for Washington is what they officially claim. Ultimately, it seems pretty obvious that they're aware that W will also make most people associate it with President Bush.
    oh good! so I was right! I like that better!
    thetheory.tk

The ketchup thing is dumb if the people meant it seriously; funny if they meant it to be a gag gift for die-hard Republicans. I might just have to get some for my old instructor.

The Star-Spangled Ice Cream is just funny. I don't care which countries you like or not; how can you not find those ice cream flavors entertaining? "I Hate the French Vanilla"? I'm sorry, that's just funny.

The Cold War pretty much ended when the Soviet Union imploded. There is wide consideration that the Soviet Union imploded because it tried restructuring itself economically. It tried restructuring itself economically because the Star Wars race was driving it bankrupt. Reagan started Star Wars, and it is also widely considered that he may have done so specifically to drive the Soviet Union to bankruptcy. Hence, the idea that Reagan won the Cold War. I think it makes sense, but of course it's up for interpretation.

The military won Vietnam. They never lost a battle, lost ground only when they deliberately retreated of their own choice, and were ahead in the final body count. The politicians, unfortunately, lost it for them. Military objectives were achieved; political ones were given away.

The French fiasco with "e-mail" isn't necessarily just anti-American; it's part of their fanatical obsession with keeping their language absolutely the same throughout all the centuries. They've got an entire Ministry for it.
    There are no damn chickens in my room!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Doesn't anyone remember "Billy Beer" or is my age showing?

Ok, I did some GoogleWork...came up with this:

The W ketchup is made by the Fremont Company in Fremont Ohio. Quite possibly, W Ketchup and Heinze may be the same sh!t, or at least may be packaged in the same plant.

"The Fremont Company bottles millions of gallons of ketchup for private label customers ..."

And...

"The Fremont plant does production for private-label accounts including Kroger, Aldi, Save-A-Lot and Certified, as well as co-packing for a couple of national brands."

(http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/heinz.asp)

"...Currently, 60% of the sales of the H.J. Heinz Company are outside the United States and to accommodate those customers by providing facilities closer to those markets... In the United States, Heinz makes its flagshipketchup in factories in Fremont, Ohio; Muscatine, Iowa; and Stockton, California. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast