Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode III Title Annouced

Episode III Title Annouced

GL finally announced the title to Episode III:

Revenge of the Sith

www.starwars.com

Can't believe he got one right. Absolutely love it.
    "... the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.”

So do we know when the show's actually supposed to come out? Cuz it's been a rather long time.
    "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory." - George S. Patton

Gee, Roz - nice avatar! Where'd you get it?
    There are no damn chickens in my room!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

starwars.com is pleased to announce that Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith is the full title of the next Star Wars film, scheduled for release on May 19, 2005.

If it's anything like the first two: All hype, no movie......I think I'll wait until it comes out on video.

"Politicians debating the future of our monarchy resemble a poachers’ convention deliberating on the future role of the gamekeeper."
    Malcolm Winram, The Times, 9th March 1996.

I was been diappointed with the other 2 also, but I will still have to see it on the big screen.
    I want to know is how R2-D2 and C3PO lose their memories. In A New Hope they don't remember Obi- Wan or Tatooine. And how did Obi-Wan forget the droids he says he doesn't remember owning any droids? After waching the first 2 it seems the droids should know a lot more about R2's mission and Obi wan should remember them.
    I'm not complaining just curious.
    May the Force be with you.
    Benjamin Franklin when asked by a woman, "What kind of government have you given us?" Replied, "A Republic Madam, if you can keep it!"

"The Dude Abides"

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    I was been diappointed with the other 2 also, but I will still have to see it on the big screen.
    I want to know is how R2-D2 and C3PO lose their memories. In A New Hope they don't remember Obi- Wan or Tatooine. And how did Obi-Wan forget the droids he says he doesn't remember owning any droids? After waching the first 2 it seems the droids should know a lot more about R2's mission and Obi wan should remember them.
    Obi wan might just not recognize them because the universe is filled with a lot of droids and many look alike. I would imagine 3po would need his memory erased, but not R2. In A New Hope, R2 clearly seems to understand his mission more than anyone. Perhaps he did remember Obi Wan and everything else, but didn't see it necessary to tell everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue

I read a quote by GL somewhere that stated that both of the droids memories would be erased to protect the hiding places of the twins. As far as Obi Wan not remembering them, like what was said above, there are a lot of droids in the universe. Plus its possible that 3PO doesn't get his gold skin until after Obi sees him last.
    "... the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.”

Here are some pics of III.

http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/c/
    Maybe, perhaps, likely, possibly, probably, potentially.

^ wow some people have too much time on their hands...

I think i'll wait until my little brother begs my parents to take him... then tag along. I'm not into Star Wars too much. >.< (reputation point beating!)

Edit: Oh yeah, and who's the curly haired dude that looks like Frodo? Have they decided to blend two totally different genres into one mighty block-busting movie?
    http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/c/misc/battle.gif
    Last edited by HillBilly; 07-25-2004 at 06:17 PM.
    thetheory.tk

Quote Originally Posted by HillBilly
    ^ wow some people have too much time on their hands...

I think i'll wait until my little brother begs my parents to take him... then tag along. I'm not into Star Wars too much. >.< (reputation point beating!)

Edit: Oh yeah, and who's the curly haired dude that looks like Frodo? Have they decided to blend two totally different genres into one mighty block-busting movie?
    http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/c/misc/battle.gif
    Thats Anakin. And that gif is "the duel" between he and Obi Wan.

lol... anakin: from mushroom cut, to buzz cut with lame braid, to curly frodo hair. Great.
    thetheory.tk

We'll see how long until he changes the title from 'revenge' to 'return.'

Even that would be OK, as long as there was no Jar-Jar.

The movies went so downhill ever since the ewoks first jub-jubbed across the screen.
    We're no threat, people, we're not dirty, we're not mean
    We love everybody but we do as we please
    When the weather's fine,
    We go fishin' or go swimmin' in the sea
    We're always happy
    Life's for livin', yeah, that's our philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by achilleus
    We'll see how long until he changes the title from 'revenge' to 'return.'

Even that would be OK, as long as there was no Jar-Jar.

The movies went so downhill ever since the ewoks first jub-jubbed across the screen.
    Call Ripley, I agree with Achilleus!
    Benjamin Franklin when asked by a woman, "What kind of government have you given us?" Replied, "A Republic Madam, if you can keep it!"

"The Dude Abides"

With the possibility of loosing rep points, I rather liked Jar-Jar he was stupid releif for a drama movie.

I dunno Soldier, some random guy just made it and said 'here use it'.
    "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory." - George S. Patton

Has anyone seen Star Wars: The Phantom Edit, Episode 1.1?

I hear it's great...
    When the weather's fine,
    We're always happy

Quote Originally Posted by achilleus
    Has anyone seen Star Wars: The Phantom Edit, Episode 1.1?

I hear it's great...
    I saw most of it. Less Jar Jar was good good.

"The Dude Abides"

Blog Entries
    where does one finds such a thing?

Indeed, do tell... no jar-jar would be ten times more awesome than if he was in the movie. No offence, IWant2beafencer, but Jar-Jar was the worst character (excepting anakin in Episode 2... lol "I wanna be the best jedi ever!" wah wah wah, go cry me a river, wuss) Anyone that say's 'Meeza Wantza foodies!' (or whatever he says) isn't high on my list of cool froods. It's terrible that people sometimes say "exsqueeze me" instead of "excuse me". Jar-Jar was put into the movie to appeal to 2 1/2 year olds.
    *rant rant rant rave.... okay i'm done*
    thetheory.tk

I've done a little bit of checking...

Basically, you got to do a search of message boards and fan sites...

I haven't found a good copy yet, although, I found a short review of the edit:

The edit begins with the famous yellow scroll across the starry sky, only this time the scroll reads, in part:

"... Being someone of the 'George Lucas Generation' I have re-edited a standard VHS version of "The Phantom Menace," into what I believe is a much stronger film by relieving the viewer of as much story redundancy, Anakin action and dialog, and Jar Jar Binks as possible."

(Lucas' perplexing opening paragraph about "trade relations" and the "Imperial Senate" is gone. And we don't miss it because it wasn't necessary. Already, "The Phantom Edit" is making improvements.)

Twenty minutes have been cut from the original 133, and as a result the film is tighter and faster. Jar-Jar, who has been demoted to an almost silent supporting role, is actually enjoyable. (A different "Phantom Edit" has dubbed over Jar-Jar with an alien voice, giving him subtitled dialogue that turns the gibbering idiot into a wise sage, spouting pearls like "Children and fools ask more questions" and "Pride can blind you from the truth.") Likewise, young Anakin -- whose shouts of "Yahoo!" and "Whoopee!" made many "Star Wars" fans grimace -- is a thoughtful, much quieter protagonist.

Although entire extraneous sequences are missing (the journey to and from Jar-Jar's underwater home have been sliced), most of the changes are simply felt rather than individually noticed, as is the case with any good edit. The Phantom Editor has smartly taken advantage of Lucas' trademark "wipes" (a scene transition that scoots a new scene in from one edge of the screen to the other) to duck out of scenes early.

Although the film is improved in pace and structure, the result is a movie that occasionally moves too fast. We are left with a film made up of really short scenes -- almost sound bytes --- that start to feel choppy and rushed. While it advances the story faster, the film obviously cares for its characters even less than before.

More than anything, "The Phantom Edit" magnifies problems that can't be fixed with clever editing: too many bland, uninvolving characters (the stoic Jedis, the stoic Princess Amidala, way too many digital characters), too few scenes with Darth Maul, no renegade comic relief &#224; la Han Solo, and a typically confusing final battle that takes place in about 13 different locations at once.

by Daniel Krause on salon.com
    When the weather's fine,
    We're always happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast