Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello there

Just Joined

anyone here into other sports?

Does anyone here play any other sports? I m just starting in fencing but i have been playing golf for more than a year. I have been in 4 or 5 tournaments but i haven't won anything yet. Normaly i finish within the top ten in my age group which isn't bad. If i can do that well in fencing i will be happy.
    Last edited by HotShot; 07-25-2004 at 06:37 PM.

Howdy HotShot. Besides fencing I like to workout at the gym and bowl when I get the chance. And like yourself, I like to golf.

I also work out, run track and cross-country, and play random stuff with friends like ultimate, soccer, whatever. . . My newest accomplished goal is being able to bench-press my own weight!!! Next goal, 100 push-ups!!!
    thetheory.tk

I also work out, run track and cross-country, and play random stuff with friends like ultimate, soccer, whatever. . . My newest accomplished goal is being able to bench-press my own weight!!! Next goal, 100 push-ups!!!
    Homestarrunner forever!~!
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/20x6vs1936.html

http://www.homestarrunner.com/cheatvideo.html

I uh... play softball (adult, men's league).

Golf, I do indeed.

If we are bringing up other things, I also bowl and play racquetball.
    Ленин, как, так полностью скалы

Hi!

Greco-roman wrestling and kayak as a teenager. Was a floorball goalie for quite some time in the University team, we were quite good.

Have a nice time!

Peter Gustafsson

Running track, skiing, and whatever else I get a chance to, ecept for basketball, which is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by sabreklutz
    Running track, skiing, and whatever else I get a chance to, ecept for basketball, which is evil.
    Agreed, basketball is evil
    I do pick up soccer every saterday (sp?) and random stuff like that. nothing too exciting. But I do play three instruments, which keeps me pretty busy!
    thetheory.tk

Quote Originally Posted by HillBilly
    But I do play three instruments, which keeps me pretty busy!
    Oh really!
    Which instruments do you play??
    "You can honestly say that you can settle for a life full of repression and denial?" "And the dinner parties. You can never forget the dinner parties."

Gulebusker, another golfer. How long have you been playing? I have been playing for awhile. I usually play only nine holes. My driving is so-so and my putting and chipping are even worse. lol
    Last edited by rivers; 07-26-2004 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber-Psycho
    Oh really!
    Which instruments do you play??
    Violin, Bass, and clarinet ( and I fool around with the guitar, and the keyboard )
    thetheory.tk

I played Rugby for about 2 yrs til I seperated my shoulder and got married before I healed enough to return to the pitch.
    Rugby and marriage have a hard time co-existing so I found a Fencing club and now I love it.
    Golf occasionally, best round- 94 with one ball.
    Benjamin Franklin when asked by a woman, "What kind of government have you given us?" Replied, "A Republic Madam, if you can keep it!"

"The Dude Abides"

I have been golfing for about four years, but never really that seriously. I golf more for fun than anything.

Nine is about all I play, though I do 18 sometimes. I never have been to hit my driver, but my play with a three-wood seems to work out quite well.
    Ленин, как, так полностью скалы

I played pretty high level soccer for a long time until I went fully into fencing. At some point in my life I've done taikwando, gymnastics, softball, and basketball.
    -Sabresque

"Those whippernsapper Be-Bop Bohemians!"

I don't do golf at all... i feel left out.
    thetheory.tk

I like golf, still suck at it so I can't call myself a golfer. I'm also an avid (not fanatical or competitive) cyclist. I like to run, even though I run at a fast walk. I take Aikido and would like to start either Iado or Kendo but not sure if I will have enough time. I'm currently quasi-training for a local Triathalon. I call it quasi 'cause the gym ain't got no pool and there's no way I'm swimming in the stanky waters of the nearest river! I feel like I'm forgetting something...

Needless to say, I'm not married and currently do not have a girlfriend... just thought I'd stick that in there to give some idea why I can do all this.

I'm not a super-athlete, I just like to do lots of different things and I'm trying to get back in shape.
    "Since when does being a patriot in America mean shutting your mouth?"
    ---

zz,zz,zz,zz,zz,zz!

Quote Originally Posted by HillBilly
    I don't do golf at all... i feel left out.
    Ha. At least when you're fencing, you won't get hit by lightning.

I used to do Gymnastics and Diving.
    But now I'm lucky to have time to sleep with my fencing schedule.
    "You can honestly say that you can settle for a life full of repression and denial?" "And the dinner parties. You can never forget the dinner parties."

Just Joined
    What do you mean getting hit by lightning? It only hurts the first time.
    Last edited by HotShot; 07-27-2004 at 05:20 PM.

Sports I used to do (before kids and a house ate up a lot of time):

Distance cycling (200 km and up)
    Whitewater open canoeing (I really loved it, but the stuff I used to do is not appropriate for those with dependents.)

Now I still cycle, but I only have time for 100 km (~60 mile) rides. My youngest boy (8 years old) LOVES cycling and we go out for 20+ mile rides and he manages to go about 12 to 13 mph on his one speed fat tire bike and can ride for an hour without stopping. It's a little slow, but it's not so bad if I'm on my commuting bike. If he keeps up cycling I won't be able to keep up with him in just a few short years. Unfortunately he has no desire to learn how to fence and I refuse to push it.

Another activity/sport that I really enjoy is hill/mountain walking. I live in Florida so it's a long drive to anything interesting, but I've been able to do some walking in Alaska (mostly around Juneau), a LOT of hikes on and over the Sandia Crest in New Mexico, the Lake District in England, various places in Scotland, the Bavarian Alps, the Blue Mountains and Lamington National Park in Australia, Napali Cliffs in Hawaii, and lots of walks in the Great Smoky Mountains. I'm going up there in a few weeks for a week and really looking forward to it.

I've always played basketball (full-court, mostly with college kids), but now that I'm 50 I play a lot less as it is very hard on the leg joints and the lower back. It seems to hurt for days after I play.

I gave up golf a long time ago. I play about once a year with my Dad who loves the game. That's more than enough.
    If you see my little red rooster, please drag him home
    If you see my little red rooster, please drag him home
    There ain't no peace in the barnyard,
    Since the little red rooster been gone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast