Thread: TdF news...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

TdF news...

Tyler Hamilton is out of the race with back problems! That sucks; he was supposed to challenge Armstrong this year.

The Tour de Lance is underway, but good for Thomas Voekler -- he got dropped on every big climb, but still made it back to the main pack to keep the maillot jaunce for another day.

Looks like those who said a slimmer Ullrich was a good thing were wrong; he does look weak. And Mayo seems to be hurting too. I wonder if anybody will be able to close that gap. So far, the race-within-a-race looks to be Ivan Basso and Lance; the final two stages have ended Basso-Armstrong and Armstrong-Basso, and he's only about 2 mins off the lead. Here's hoping for a good races -- Col des Limoges is Tue, and the time trial up L'Alpe d'Huez is Wed.

darius

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    My prediction for the green jersey? An aussie!!! As for the yellow, as much as I like Lance Armstrong I would love to see someone else win it for a change. They have had hideously unseasonal weather in the first week or so, if it keeps up it will make the mountains a very interesting race.
    Theses are evil....VERY evil, someone rescue me pls!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Lance will win.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Looks like lance has it pretty well in hand.
    he won his third stage in a row today, his fourth overall in the tour... I think he'll add another one with the individual time trial coming up...

best line seen anywhere about the tour:
    "Once in the Pyrénées for two hard climbing stages, Armstrong punched the accelerator with his trademark high-cadence rhythm, and the favorites fell away like the French defending Paris." - Andrew Hood on espn.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Lance was going to let Landis win the stage. Unfortunately, the rest of the competitors didn't cooperate -- that 8 sec time bonus for a stage win could factor into the race for the other podium spots. Lance is known for his mountain and time-trial work, but that was an amazing sprint at the end!

Assuming he wins this time, dunno if he'll go for 7 next year, but some of his domestiques will be hot commodities for other teams. Azevedo, especially, is a threat to win the entire race, so he could defect to a team that will let him be the star, instead of the wingman.

darius

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    The Tour De Lance is not over, but the Fat Lady is standing at the side and waiting for her que...
    "Since when does being a patriot in America mean shutting your mouth?"
    ---

zz,zz,zz,zz,zz,zz!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I think that lance armstrong is like a beacon of hope for middle aged people who thought that only young people can be fit. He needs to win this one, and then hang it up. Alot of people look up to him.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. And from this side only! The flight of a half-man, half-bird. Dinosaurs nuzzling their young in pastures where strip malls should be. Cookies on dowels. All those moment, lost in time. Gone, like eggs off a hooker's stomach. Time to die" -Phil Ken Sebben

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I hope he keeps riding until somebody finds a weakness -- he won last year despite chronic dehyration in the early stages, and a nasty spill in the Alps.

darius

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D+F+P=Hadouken!
    I think that lance armstrong is like a beacon of hope for middle aged people who thought that only young people can be fit. He needs to win this one, and then hang it up. Alot of people look up to him.
    Hate to break it to you, but he's not middle-aged yet. Just a grown-up.
    “The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues.”
    Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Sorry, I havent done the research. I just know that he isnt in his teens, and he is past his physical peak. I assume he is in his early thirties, which is past most athletes physical peak. I phrased my last post incorrectly. Sorry.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. And from this side only! The flight of a half-man, half-bird. Dinosaurs nuzzling their young in pastures where strip malls should be. Cookies on dowels. All those moment, lost in time. Gone, like eggs off a hooker's stomach. Time to die" -Phil Ken Sebben

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    actually your physical peak for endurance sports can extend into your mid to late 30s (I think I read this somewhere). . . Lance is definitely not "over the hill"
    Homestarrunner forever!~!
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/20x6vs1936.html

http://www.homestarrunner.com/cheatvideo.html

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D+F+P=Hadouken!
    Sorry, I havent done the research. I just know that he isnt in his teens, and he is past his physical peak. I assume he is in his early thirties, which is past most athletes physical peak. I phrased my last post incorrectly. Sorry.
    Oh, gosh, that's all right, don't mind me. It just made me giggle, because I'm at the age where people have stopped even trying to tell me I'm NOT middle-aged , Armstrong is in his early 30s (32?), which is prime for his type of sport.
    Last edited by Peach; 07-22-2004 at 05:49 PM.
    “The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues.”
    Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    All i know is that I hit my physical peak last week, and i've sprained every muscle since then.