View Poll Results: What do you think of John Edwards?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Edwards is my HERO

8 15.38%
  • Maybe not the best choice, but a solid running mate for Kerry

15 28.85%
  • This man is barely acceptable as a human being, much less as the VP candidate.

14 26.92%
  • This poll option was intentionally left blank.

15 28.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edwards-OK guy, or Satan on Earth?-You decide!

Edwards-OK guy, or Satan on Earth?-You decide!

OK, so John Edwards is John Kerry's Vice Presidentail candidate. What do you think of that?

Just so you know-John Edwards used to be poor, but became rich as an attorny, not unlike the ones mentioned in this happy thread. (Really, he sued doctors.) Now he is a Vice Presidential candidate, and is known for his charisma. He was also voted Sexiest Politician by People magazine. (No, I'm not making that up, either). So-what is your opinion, fencers?

Blog Entries
    Well, the company that he once was CEO of didn't get a no-bid contract to overcharge the US Military for gas.

What do i think of Edwards?, well, i think that is a very good attorny who is excellent at manipulating a jury, but politically i think that he is very weak, and he has the same weaknesses as kerry, so instead of picking up the slack for kerry, he just reinforces the ever present weaknesses, so i think that he was a poor choice for the vp. but all that dosnt matter to me, i am voting bush

Quote Originally Posted by mrbiggs
    (Really, he sued doctors.)
    Now that's a nice way to make a living....
    With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter

I didn't know that much about him until yesterday. Then I started digging and he seem to be just another overly ambitious politician. Kerry didn't seem to think much of him until yesterday. Certainly not during the primaries.

The press calls him a former "trial lawyer". What he really was, was a personal injury lawyer. One of the lowest life forms. Also tried to push a lot of legislation thru, but was never successful with any legislation, so lawyers could earn higher fees.

Need to know more......
    "Let him live upon what belongs to him without wronging others, and accommodate his expense to his revenue."

— Saint Thomas More

I'm holding out until I get to know the guy. I'm sure the other side is going to beat him over the head for his political inexperience. This might actually help him if he handles it correctly. I think most of the public is disenchanted with the "career" politician. Even though Edwards is obviously on that track, he can play the Washington outsider while Kerry plays the experienced "dedicated public servant".
    "Since when does being a patriot in America mean shutting your mouth?"
    ---

zz,zz,zz,zz,zz,zz!

Ehh.. too bad his pick wasn't for Hillary. Now -that- would be a VP. Ohh well, I'll just have to wait for the Hillary Bill ticket in 2008 if Bush wins this one
    *Contains Sulfites

I think he was the right choice for Kerry. He brings some vitality that is very much needed, to the Kerry campaign. The Democratic party needs all the help they can get too. He's young (by presidential standards), energetic, not part of the establishment, and people seem to like him. He may not have that much experience in politics, but hey, as VP, how much experience do u really need? The VP is usually in the background and not really heard from much (unless they screw up) during the term.

As for him being a wealthy lawyer, I don't have a problem with that. I admire those who work hard and make a better living for themselves during their career. But if you want to compare wallets, I think Cheney blows Edwards out of the water. So, it doesn't really make sense to hold that against him.

As for him being a wealthy lawyer, I don't have a problem with that. I admire those who work hard and make a better living for themselves during their career. But if you want to compare wallets, I think Cheney blows Edwards out of the water. So, it doesn't really make sense to hold that against him.
    Sorta changing the topic, but Kerry would blow Bush and Cheny out of the water by atleast an order of magnitude. (He'd easily be the richest president ever. It sometimes amazes me that BOTH parties claim to be for and of the people, yet It is rare that a middle class politician emerges)

Wow, someone docked me for this post. Too bad they didn't have the cajones to back it up with a reason or a signature. Basically makes it an act of cowardice...
    Last edited by esskreemr; 07-08-2004 at 01:22 PM.
    "Since when does being a patriot in America mean shutting your mouth?"
    ---

zz,zz,zz,zz,zz,zz!

Quote Originally Posted by esskreemr
    Wow, someone docked me for this post. To bad they didn't have the cajones to back it up with a reason or a signature. Basically makes it an act of cowardice...

Yeah, someone dinged me for not seeing Fahrenhiet 9/11 before commenting about Michael Moore. I wasn't talking about the movie, just Moore himself.

Having seen some of his stuff, I thought I could comment, but I guess not.

I guess they thought posting an analysis of the movie was wrong.
    "Let him live upon what belongs to him without wronging others, and accommodate his expense to his revenue."

— Saint Thomas More

Now if he would have chosen BLAKE Edwards... that would have been good...

Otherwise they are all a crock... on both sides... I am waiting for the Ammendment so that Arnold can be president...
    "Si tu no sabes todas las acciones es como si un músico no supiera tocar todas las notas." - Fernando Chiriboga

"If you do not know all the actions it is like a musician who does not know all the notes."

Quote Originally Posted by esskreemr
    Wow, someone docked me for this post. To bad they didn't have the cajones to back it up with a reason or a signature. Basically makes it an act of cowardice...
    I think only one ding against me ever contained an explaination... the good ones always say something...

Oh well...
    "Si tu no sabes todas las acciones es como si un músico no supiera tocar todas las notas." - Fernando Chiriboga

"If you do not know all the actions it is like a musician who does not know all the notes."

Quote Originally Posted by dunastor
    Now that's a nice way to make a living....
    For malpractice.
    -Sabresque

"Those whippernsapper Be-Bop Bohemians!"

Malpractice? Never heard of....
    With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter

Yeah, I got dinged for this thread too. No explaination either. Maybe this person really has a problem with this subject...who knows.

I don't really know anything about him, but I heard he doesn't really have any experience in foreign polices, was in the senate one term (just random fax, don't hit me ^_^'), and I can't remember other stuff.

Just my 2 cents. *cha ching*
    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
    - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    I don't really know anything about him, but I heard he doesn't really have any experience in foreign polices, was in the senate one term (just random fax, don't hit me ^_^'), and I can't remember other stuff.

Just my 2 cents. *cha ching*
    And, half the time he has been serving this term he has been campaigning. Too inexperienced for my taste. But, although I wouldn't vote for him, I will have to say that experience is not the only factor you should base a decision off of.

kerry and edwars are good together they both are distrustful fonies.
    Fencing will always be a "for love of the game" sport.

I need a good arse kicking to get better, faster!

Quote Originally Posted by frenzl
    kerry and edwars are good together they both are distrustful fonies.
    I hope that's a joke post.

-matt
    Stone walls do not a prison make,
    nor iron bars a cage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast